You have already taken the first step by finding out more.
- You have already taken the first step by finding out more.
- You may have been thinking about fostering for a day, year or much longer.
- You may know someone who fosters and listening to their experiences makes you feel you could foster too.
- You may be thinking of changing your career and exploring if salaries compare.
- Your own children are grown up but you feel like you’ve got more parenting to give.
- You may have loads to give and want to replace a child’s negative experiences to good.
You have probably got lots of questions and you should have, it’s a big thing to think about. You will find lots of answers to your questions on this site.
The best way to answer questions about how fostering will work for you and your family is to speak to us. We can contact you by telephone initially for an informal chat and you can decide if you would like to go onto the next stage of an initial visit. Click Here to contact us
When you become a foster carer with Sunflower Fostering we will pay a subscription for family membership with FosterTalk. Click here for What you can expect from us.
You will have ongoing questions about fostering as you go through the application and assessment process and we will answer all your questions as we go along together.
Our approved foster carers tell us how supportive FosterTalk is and we now provide pre-approval membership to support you through the process.
You will be able to access lots of useful information and talk to Foster talk in confidence.
Once approved with the agency we will upgrade your membership to the full membership.
Pre-approval membership will provide you with:
- 24 Hour Legal Advice Line
- General Fostering Advice Helpline
- 24 Hour Counselling Support Line
- 24 Hour Medical/First Aid Advice
- Education Support Helpline
- Personal Finance Advice including Mortgages, Pensions, Savings etc.
- Quarterly FosterTalk Magazine Monthly “SmallTalk” e-newsletter
- Online Learning support from Teachernet (fostertalk.org)
- Over 4500 fantastic discounts on lifestyle products and services
- Online Carer Forums
- Have YOUR Say
- Downloadable fostering information (fostertalk.org)
Contact us today on 0800 630 0864 or enquire via the online enquiry form.
We will aim to contact you within 24 hours. You can ask as many questions as you want to.
We will arrange to visit you at home and talk to you more about fostering and what to expect.
You will complete an application form and we will agree dates for attending our pre-approval training days
You will be allocated your own social worker to complete the Form F assessment with you
We will complete checks such as DBS, medical and references.
The most formal part of the process is attending Foster Panel to become approved as a foster carer.