We will be with you every step of the way to support and guide you. We don’t expect you to be an expert straight away. We understand that in order to be able to be an effective Foster Carer you need our support.
We work in close partnership with our foster carers offering a first rate support package with excellent “skills for payment” packages and separate maintenance allowances. This is what you can expect from sunflower fostering…
- Comprehensive Training & Development Comprehensive Training & Development
- 24 hour support each and every day of the year, providing advice and help on an ongoing basis
- Comprehensive matching
- Specialist in-house therapy team
- Generous and competitive skills payments to cover the cost of caring for a child. We also pay holiday, birthday and Christmas allowances for the children in your care.
- We offer very competitive skills payments in addition to a child’s allowance.
- We pay a skills payment per child in placement.
- Charity events and fundraising
- A regular foster carer support group allowing you to meet with other carers and share ideas and concerns
- Activities and events
- Sons and daughters events
We provide all of our foster carers with FosterTalk carer memberships to ensure foster families have access to a wide range of independent support and advice including:
- Legal Expenses Insurance Cover
- Arrest and Interview Assistance
- 24 Hour Legal Advice Helpline
- Tax and Accountancy Helpline
- 24 Hour Counselling Helpline
- 24 Hour Medical Information Helpline
- Education Support Helpline
- Social Work Support Helpline
- Personal Finance Advice
- Quarterly Fostering Magazine
- Access To Special Offers and Discount
- On-line Carer Forums
- Read more about FosterTalk Foster carer memberships here >>